Sunday, February 21, 2010

Updates and Goals for the week...

Unfortunately my busy schedule has kept me from updating this as much as I would like to. I am going to do my best to make sure that I consistently keep blogging as it keeps my motivation going, and I have really enjoyed reading everybody's comments....

Weight Loss
The good news is that in my absence of blogging, I have lost for the past two weigh-ins! Last week I lost 2 pounds, and this week I lost 0.4 pounds. This past weigh-in was not nearly as large as I would like it to be, but I was happy that it was at least down and going in the right direction. Below is my weight loss since January 1st.


As you can see, I have consistently lost weight since January 8, and I can think of three main reasons for this: 1) tracking, 2) activity, and 3) accountability. I have been tracking much more lately, and it is really helpful as it keeps me consistent and accountable. Also, I have ramped up my activity, and as a result I am not only losing the pounds, but my clothes are fitting better!  Also, knowing that all of you are looking for my updates has really helped to hold myself accountable! Thanks for the encouragement!

New Activities
Spinning
I have joined a spinning class on Wednesday mornings at 6:00 a.m. and it has been AMAZING!!  It is one of the hardest workouts that I have ever done, and it has really ramped up my cardio mid week to keep me pushing through to my Friday weigh-in.

Boot Camp
Yesterday I tried my first boot camp fitness class. As I sit here and write this, I can tell you that my ENTIRE body is still sore from the workout, and it feels awesome!  IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!  It is a full body, high intensity, hour-long workout that really pushes you to work everything. I highly recommend it, and I am looking forward to going to the class again next week (although I think I may have class that will interfere with it, which is annoying).

Goal Reminder: April 1st is still my goal to run a 10 minute mile.  I have been training very hard to get to this point each workout, and I have almost exclusively moved my cardio workouts to the treadmill, which is much harder, but gives me a great workout.

New Thoughts...
Although I lost this past week, I had to really think about why my loss was so small. I worked my BUTT off at the gym the whole week just to compensate for my major overindulgence I took part in last weekend....friends were in town, and my goals went out the window. Without going into the amount of food and alcohol I consumed, I can tell you that I realized that it is very counterproductive for me to work so hard during the week just to ruin it in one night on the weekend. This is something that I will continue to struggle with, I know, but it is something that I MUST conquer if I am going to be successful and get to my goal weight.

GOALS FOR THE WEEK
1) Workout at least 5 days (minimum 20 minutes)
2) Track at least 4 days (I havn't tracked this weekend yet, so I am putting 4 days this week so I track mon-thursday).

BTW, please keep your comments coming!  I really enjoy hearing your thoughts, and it's motivating to know that people are actually reading this!!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it up Neil!

    Sorry for all the unhealthy food at the party

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... Best tips to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seca Barriga Cápsulas - Emagrecedor 100% Natural foi a solução ideal para o meu peso e minha auto-estima. Visite o site aqui. Seca Barriga Cápsulas

    ReplyDelete