Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sticking with it....

This past week, I didn't lose, but I didn't gain.  It's hard to express how I feel about this. I'm glad I didn't gain, but I know that I can do better since I should be losing (at least something) every week. When I look back and think about why I didn't lose this week, I know what it is.....I didn't follow program. Why is it that we know what works, but it is so hard for us to follow that?  The reality is, there can be no excuses! I need to move forward and continue this journey I started. I am still determined to reach my goal, and I WILL get there!

BIG NEWS!
I will be running my FIRST EVER 5K this year!  My weight-watchers leader will be walking along with several of my weight-watcher friends in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure on June 12, 2010. I was unable to participate in this walk last year because I was out of town, but I am looking forward to it this year!  The big news is that I am training to RUN it....that's right. I want to run 3.1 miles non-stop. It's going to take a lot of work, but I think it is an attainable goal...

Yesterday on the treadmill, I was able to run a mile non-stop in 9 minutes, 45 seconds.  For those of you that remember my April 1 challenge, this time is EVEN BETTER than when I ran my first mile in under 10 minutes. After running that first mile yesterday, I continued to run 2 more miles (for a total of 3 miles) in under 36 minutes. This is close to a 12 minute mile average, which I was astonished I could do. Regardless, I'm not really focusing on running the 5K in a specific time, but really am looking to run it non-stop. I've never run more than a mile non-stop, so this will be a huge victory for me!  I'm also excited to be training for a goal! I never thought I would enjoy running, but it has really been keeping me motivated!

GOALS FOR THE WEEK:
1) Track - I actually tracked this weekend (saturday and sunday). The fact that I am already ahead on this is an indication to me that I'm going to be successful with this goal this week.

2) Activity (At least 5 days) - I am super excited to report that I went to the gym yesterday and today, so 5 days is a very attainable goal for this week. I actually am planning on going 6 days, but I am leaving a buffer just in case my schedule gets too crazy (or I feel like I need a break). Furthermore, I need to run at least 1.2 miles non-stop to keep on track for the 5K.

I know these weekly goals seem to be the same each week, but in the end the only way I am going to get to my ultimate goal is to make sure I eat right (that's why tracking is important) and exercise (activity). Nothing more is necessary....

No comments:

Post a Comment